Happy New Year!!
TILT II will be closed today.
Congrats to our December 2018 Member of the Month – Nadia!!
Find out more about Nadia below..
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit for? How did you get started?
I started Crossfit in December 2016. I’d heard a lot about it and wanted to give it a try. I spent 10 months at Crossfit Framingham and have been at Crossfit Tilt II since November 2017. I started out with REALLY poor hip and shoulder flexibility. I couldn’t squat below the hip crease or press overhead. Still working on the shoulder flexibility after class everyday!
2. What is your best or favorite memory at TILT?
So many amazing memories! There was a workout we did over the summer (I think) that involved a 1 mile run with a 5 minute rest immediately following (and then something else). I remember everyone in the class gave it their all, many of us PR-ed the mile run, and we all collapsed on the ground thrilled at our PR, exhausted from running, and ready to give it our all for the next part of the workout. I just loved being a part of that! It’s those small moments that I think back to often.
3. If there was a “Nadia” workout, what would it be?
Box jumps and clean and jerks. NOT! A “Nadia” workout would contain rowing (my favorite), barbell thrusters, and deadlifts (preferably in a class with 6 others).
4. Tell us a little bit about some of your accomplishments this past year..
So much progress has happened since I came to TILT a year ago! My conditioning has improved 100% (consistent sub-8 miles!). I can do plenty of “real” push-ups. I’m ALMOST at a strict pull-up. I can climb the rope and do double unders! I NEVER thought that I’d be able to do Rx workouts. In all honesty, I look at my body, my times, and my workouts sometimes and I don’t believe that it’s really me. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to grow and learn more about my abilities at TILT.
5. What do you love about being part of the 630am class?
I love what a supportive and consistent group the 6:30AM class is. We keep each other accountable, we support each other, and we have lots of fun/laughs. I know when I show up at 6:30AM I am going to work hard alongside my friends! Oh and knowledge Fridays ;)!
6. Tell us 3 things we might not know about you..
1. My husband is a Greek Orthodox priest at a parish in Weston, MA. The church is a very important and central part of our life. I spend lots of time and energy there in addition to my full time job as an Assistant Professor at Boston College School of Nursing.
2. I’m a storyteller. I perform stories at shows across the country (including on the Millennium Stage at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.) and I also teach people to tell personal stories at narrative training workshops.
3. I am a sucker for chocolate and pastries! I love a good cake-y donut!