I have been long amazed by this community and its ability to bond people from different walks of life together to sweat it out, work hard, and take their fitness into their own hands and improve their lives.
I have been involved in CrossFit for over a decade now, initially incorporating it into my regular weight training for the military, and eventually turning to it as the only training method I follow. I have been long amazed by this community and its ability to bond people from different walks of life together to sweat it out, work hard, and take their fitness into their own hands and improve their lives.
I focus on essential and proper safe movement patterns with all of our athletes. Once we are moving safely and efficiently, then and only then, we can start layering in the final factor of intensity. This allows people from all walks of life to successfully execute any movement with different variables of scalability and intensity. Regardless if the athlete who walks in the door is a college football player or an 80 year old grandmother, CrossFit is the perfect method for improving quality of life through community, hard work, and desire for improvement. The biggest payoff for me as a coach at CrossFit TILT is to see athletes setting, striving for, and achieving their goals. Empathy and compassion are two terms which I employ in my coaching style. Recently, I’ve been focusing on the words of Coach Glassman, as it applies to my own, as well as my athletes’ movements – “Once you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time to start over. This time, paying closer attention.”
I love what I do and I love that I get to make a positive impact on people every day!
- B.S. in Business Management – Ithaca College
- M.B.A. in Organizational Dynamics and Management – Ithaca College
Certifications and Qualifications
- CrossFit Level 2 Certificate Holder (CF-L2)
- CrossFit Gymnastics Seminar Staff
- 2017 CrossFit Open Masters (35-39 Division) – 33rd in the World
- 2012-2016 CrossFit Open (Northeast Division) – Top 100
- CrossFit Pallas – Founder/Director of Operations
- The Box Plan – Founder/Consultant
- Served in the United States Navy (2004-2008) – Information Systems Technician, 2nd Class (AW)