CrossFit TILT II 2019 Fit For Life Challenge!
When: Monday March 4- Monday April 1
Cost: $20 (we will charge your TRIIB account)
At the end of the challenge, the top performer will be selected based on:
1. Scoring: Points from daily log
2. Performance gains (baseline workout)
-Baseline workout – Monday, March 3
-Baseline retest – Monday, April 1
Prizes: There will be one Male and one Female winner who will receive CASH MONEY, bragging rights and a prize pack!
+1 Point per meal (Max 3 meal points per day, although more than 3 full meals are allowed)
-100% Real Food
-All meals MUST contain a protein, carbohydrate, and fat
Example: Eggs (protein), banana (carbohydrate), avocado (fat)
Example: Chicken breast (protein), sweet potato (carbohydrate), grass-fed butter (fat)
+1 Bonus Point for home cooked meals (Max 3 extra points per day)
That’s right, you cook your own food, you get extra points!
These do not count if meals are not balanced with protein, fat, and carbohydrate
*Paleo Powers Meals do not count as home cooked meals. However, you can still use these meals for your real food/balanced meal point. But, you will not be able to receive this bonus point.
+1 Point for Mindful eating (Max 3 mindful eating points per day)
NO screens (TV, Phone, Computer, etc) or multi-tasking while eating. Meals to be eaten sitting down at a table.
+1 Point for a CF TILT class WOD or approved travel WOD (Max 6 workout points per week)
+1 Point for sleeping 8 hours per night (Max 7 Points per week) *No 8 hour naps!
Actual sleep! This doesn’t count being in bed on your phone for an hour!
+1 Point for documenting and sharing a recipe on the TILT Facebook page (Max 1 point per day)
Basic or gourmet meal, we would love to see what’s fueling you!
+1 Point for hitting optimal water intake per day
Optimal Water intake in oz. = (Body weight (lbs.) /2) + 1.5 x (# oz. diuretics)
Our goal for this challenge is to better our health and wellness while we create new habits that we can sustain for a lifetime. This is not a weight loss challenge, but by choosing better quality foods and creating better habits, fat loss and body composition change will certainly still occur!
Eat Real Food + Balanced Meals
Real food was once alive and doesn’t come from a box or container. If it has a long shelf life and is a man-made, edible, food-like substance; not food. You must eat from the approved food lists below.
We are focusing on eating 3-4 balanced meals a day (no seconds and no snacking). Each meal should contain a real food protein, fat and carbohydrate source. No snacking, with the exception of a protein shake or recovery drink (KillCliff, Fuel For Fire, BCAA’s) within 30 minutes of working out.
What are real foods? They are foods that grow in nature that we can eat in their natural state. A list of real foods is available below.
Say No To:
Processed foods. Nothing that comes in a box or bag
Refined salt or sugar
Hydrogenated fats (margarine, vegetable shortening)
Canola, Vegetable, Grapeseed, Soybean oil
Protein bars (all of them)
Juices (Fresh squeezed or from concentrate)
Sports drinks containing sugar
Flavored BCAA’s, KillCliff, etc. (outside of 30min workout window)
Commonly asked, OK list:
Natural sweeteners (honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar) *1 tsp. per day max
Sea Salt (Himalayan Pink, Grey)
Supplements (Fish Oil, Flax Oil, Vitamins, Minerals only)
Smoothies (Whole foods blended)
Seltzer (Plain or Flavored)
Deli Meats (No sugar or nitrates added)
Bacon (No sugar or nitrates added)
Potatoes (Not fried at a restaurant)
Beans and Legumes (except peanuts)
Salad Dressing (Homemade without sugar, Primal Kitchen, or Tessemae’s)
Unsweetened Coconut and Almond Milk
Full Fat Dairy (NO low-fat milk or cheese, look for grass-fed)
Coffee and Tea (Unsweetened)
Bone Broth/Stock (Look for grass-fed)
Mustard & Hot Sauce (No added sugar)
Mayo made with healthy oils (Primal Kitchen, Chosen Foods, Sir Kensington)
What about going out to dinner?
It is not our goal to become anti-social cave-dwellers! Still go out and enjoy – just be selective with your orders. Every restaurant out there will have options for some sort of meat/seafood as the main course. Start with that, and ask for extra veggies for the sides. Good to go, and is in the clear for the challenge!
Everyday Paleo – everydaypaleo.com
PaleOMG – paleomg.com
PaleoPot – paleopot.com (Crock Pot Recipes)
Paleo Plan –http://www.paleoplan.com/recipes/?gclid=CJyFxoWI3rsCFQlgMgodNUQAew
Travel Workouts (ask a Coach if you’d like more)
1. 35 Burpees, 50 Sit-Ups, 35 Burpees
2. AMRAP 20: 5 Push Ups, 10 Sit-Ups, 15 Air Squats
3. 4 Rounds: .25m Treadmill Run, 50 Air Squats
4. Tabata – 8 rounds each of 20 seconds “On”, 10 seconds “Rest”:
Pushup, Air Squat, Sit-Ups, Burpees
5. AMRAP 15: 5 Strict Pull-Ups, 10 Jumping Lunges, 15 Sit-Ups
1. 3 Rounds: .5 mile Treadmill Run, 20 Dumbbell Thrusters (30’s/20’s)
2. AMRAP 10: 7 Dumbbell Hang Clean and Jerks (40’s/30’s), 12 Burpees
3. AMRAP 20: 6 Strict Pull-Ups, 12 Dumbbell Snatches (alternating), 18 Air Squats
4. “Dumbbell DT” – 5 Rounds: 12 DL, 9 Hang Power Cleans, 6 Push Jerks (45’s/35’s)
5. 4 Rounds: .25 Treadmill Run, 20 Sit-Ups, 15 Dumbbell Hang Squat Cleans (35’s/25’s)
This challenge will run a little differently then past challenges. This is a point based challenge and we will be using our CrossFit TILT TRIIB page to track and keep score of the points you earn! If you do not have access to your TRIIB account, no worries! On the sign-up sheet at the front desk, check off that you do not have access. We will set you up from there and send you an email with instructions!
How to Track Daily Points On TRIIB Account
*Note: you will not be able to access the challenge page until sign-ups for the challenge have closed!
- Login to your CrossFit TILT TRIIB account at www.crossfit-tilt-ii.triib.com (an email will be sent out with information on how to set-up your account if you do not currently have access to it)
- On your home page, in the main section, you will see the Fit For Life Challenge Event.
- You will see the different categories you can earn points for throughout the day. You can log in at any time and update your scores!
- There will be a leaderboard for the gym that everyone can access from their profile. You will be able to see who else is crushing the challenge along with you and can even “like” or “comment” on other peoples scores!
**TRIIB also has a mobile app! You can download the app and log your points from there too! After knowing your account username and password, you can also track your challenge points in the app. To access the challenge, click the white lines on the top left corner. Select Challenges. From there, you will be able to access your point tracking!